Sunday, December 04, 2005

Trip to Central New Jersey

Last night, I drove up to central New Jersey for a friend's birthday party. It was an 80's style event as my friend and I are children of the 80's. Oh, the later 80's housing bubble. Ok I'm 25.

There is a bubble here in New Jersey.

New Jersey Bubble
Northern New Jersey Real Estate Bubble

The house across the street from my friend's has been sitting on the market for about 3 months. See below picture.



My hosts, who have been home owners, here in East Brunswick concur about the bubble. It snowed 3 inches last night. :-)

I'll be back in Maryland later tonight.

3 comments:

  1. "Have you noticed lately that the housing bubble has been more less pooh poohed. And the economy will see smooth sailing for the forseeable future."

    Now that youy mention it; I do see that."

    However, the recession is coming in 2Q or 3Q 2006. The consumer spending party / housing bubble orgy party will have a hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, the bubble is alive and well in New Jersey. If you think mid and south Jersey were bad, just take a look up the north eastern counties.

    I know many people that have resorted to buying in mid Jersey, as well as out west in Sussex and Warren, to be able to afford a nice home. These folks seem to be content having 1.5 hour commutes each way (without snow of course).

    grim
    Northern NJ Real Estate Bubble

    ReplyDelete