- Housing is a great long-term investment.
- The homebuyer tax credit makes buying a house more affordable.
- Homeownership is good for society because owners make better citizens.
- It's safe to buy a house with a very low down payment.
- Owning a home is cheaper than renting one because you save on rent.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Five myths about homeownership
Joseph Gyourko, chairman of the real estate department and the director of the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, lists five myths about home ownership: