Sunday, June 28, 2009

REDC runs wrong advertisement

So, here I am on a cloudy Sunday afternoon assembling a new multimedia storage cabinet while flipping through the TV channels. I noticed one of those REDC home auction infomercials but was surprised when they mentioned a home in Stockton. "I didn't know there's an area called Stockton here in the Washington, DC metro area," I thought. The home being auctioned was actually in Stockton, California. I very quickly realized that all the homes in the infomercial were in Northern California. Apparently, REDC was accidentally airing a Northern California version of their infomercial here in the DC area. Oops!

I can't imagine many people in the DC area want to run out to a Northern California home auction. That looks like a half-hour's worth of advertising dollars wasted.

Update: REDC has been running the same Northern California ad on multiple channels, so either it's intentional (I can't imagine why) or someone really screwed up.

2 comments:

  1. "I can't imagine many people in the DC area want to run out to a Northern California home auction."

    I might. Im looking for a way to telecommute and move to an area that has actually dropped in price. I like my $100+K salary, but I dont like the $1M+ homes here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, it's rare but a dub house can mix up your tapes when you have concurrent auction campaigns running all over the country. New tapes are on the way to D.C.!

    Mike
    Chief Marketing Officer
    REDC / Auction.com

    ReplyDelete