Monday, October 31, 2005

New Housing Development near Frederick, MD

North of Frederick, Maryland is a new housing development that is called Sun Meadow. It is being developed by K Hovnanian Homes. Frederick is considered part of the Washington, DC - Baltimore metro area.

Notice the upper 400's located on the big green sign. The green board with the 'upper 400's' was added later. At the beginning of last year it was upper 300's. However, of the 8 models available at the homebuilding site only one ( yes one ) is priced at less then 500K. That one model 'The Newbury I' is priced at 495,990.



Image of home in Sun Meadow on the left. Notice the lack of mature trees. My friend and I were taking pictures of the sales trailer. One of the sales people came out and asked us what we were doing. My friend quickly said that we were doing research on land development. I asked him what the MBHR 3149 meant on the green sign. He did not know. Shows how much he knows.

6 comments:

  1. "Frederick is considered part of the Washington, DC - Baltimore metro area."

    LOL. By whom? Superman?

    I know that you are correct to say that, but I couldn't imagine commuting to either DC or Baltimore from Frederick every day. Nothing against Frederick; it just isn't very close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if I'm going to get a house that far out, I better get a big yard with it.

    And a very, very low price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As to only one being below $500K that is what Sales is - mendacity, duplicity and deception.
    It is what makes America great.

    WESTISBEST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rent a brand-new single family K. Hovnanian home. It's in Virginia. There is still one that's been sitting unoccupied for 5 months. The last two in this lot were reduced to 499K for a quick sale. Contracts fell through here on almost all of the first wave of "buyers". (Who turned out not to be).

    I notice K. Hovnanian cuts a lot of corners. For example, the windows aren't double-hung. That's pretty cheesy these days if you ask me. I can't open the window for fear of my children falling out.

    I'm happy to be renting and not buying. We sold our McMansion this Spring. It was a bad idea anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Frederick is considered part of the Washington, DC - Baltimore metro area."

    LOL. By whom? Superman?

    US Census Bureau

    ReplyDelete
  6. as recently as the mid-1980's, a middle-class family could afford a 2000 sq foot house on a builder's acre in Frederick County, MD.

    ReplyDelete